Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Old Friends

Last Friday night, I had a little get-together with some of my girlfriends from grade school. We were glued at the hip back in the day! We all went to elementary and middle school together, but in high school we all seemed to go our separate ways. Not that we ever stopped being friends, but you know how it is, boys come in the picture and it's never the same!! I left to go to another school the middle of my 10th grade year, but we always kept in touch. Although we didn't see each other much, we always knew what was going on with each other. 

After the passing of Misty's (in the blue) dad last fall, we decided we needed to do better about getting together. So, that is just what we did! I sent the hubby away for a few hours, and we just sat around, ate, and had girl talk. It was GREAT. It seems as though, after all these years, nothing has really changed. We've all gotten married and had children, but we still love each other like sisters. It was so fun to talk about old times and what's new in our lives now. We've decided to make this a monthly event. I can't wait to see them more often. It makes you realize just how important "real" friends are!

I hope everyone of these girls knows just how much they mean to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment