Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It never ends

After 5 days of a snotty nose and rounds of Tylenol, I broke down and took Wyatt to the doc today. When I called to make the appointment, the nurse said, "Now, what are Wyatt's symptoms." Not trying to be a no-it-all, I proceeded to tell her that Wyatt had an ear infection. Being that my child has had a monthly ear infection since he was 6 months old, I'm pretty good at diagnosing them myself. However, I don't have a fancy medical degree so it wouldn't look too good if I attempted to write him a prescription. Actually, I'm pretty sure that I would get taken to jail for that, so I sucked it up and paid the co-pay.

Just what I thought. It's an ear infection. His right ear is consumed with blisters. The pediatrician said she hasn't seen a child with such a bad ear infection this time of year. She suggested we see the ENT again, and schedule tubes ASAP.

My poor baby. 

Being that I knew EXACTLY what the problem was beforehand, I took him to Sonic before our appointment and we shared an ice-cream cone. In my little head I guess I thought that would make him feel better. Well, actually, I guess I was trying to make myself feel better because I knew what they were going to suggest. We had seen an ENT in May, and he told us if Wyatt had another one he would recommend putting in tubes. 

He was such a good boy. He enjoyed his ice-cream, and when we made it to the appointment he was just an angel. He sat ever so still and let the doctor look in his ears. I know it had to be so uncomfortable. 

I feel so blessed to have such a good baby. I know I get frustrated at times, especially when he is sick, but he really is so good. I have known for the past few days that he wasn't feeling good. Usually he is so independent, but lately he has been so whiny and clingy. I hope the antibiotics work magic until we can get in with the ENT again.

3 comments:

  1. Hope he feels better soon!

    Tubes work wonders!

    Enjoy your 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that Wyatt starts feeling better very soon! I've always heard that tubes work magic for little ones. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon, Wyatt! I am sure the tubes will work great for him!

    Gretchan

    ReplyDelete