Monday, June 8, 2009

Girlfriends

This weekend we had the best time hanging out at our friends river house. It was so much fun. Whitney (on the left) and her husband, Jeff (driving boat) have to greatest little house on the river. Jeff is an amazing cook, and so we ate great and had a wonderful time hanging out with friends.

I was just thinking today how blessed I am to have such amazing girlfriends. Christy (middle) and I have been inseparable since kindergarden. There is nothing I wouldn't do for her. It is crazy, growing up I think I spent more time at her house than I did my own. We were ALWAYS together. I feel so lucky to have someone like her in my life. When I was 19 I had a bad car accident. I lived about 30 minutes away from her at the time, but she would come to my house, help me bathe, fix my hair/make-up and just get me out of the house for a while. She is truly the epitome of a best friend. We've been together through divorces, boyfriends, moves, children, and everything else imaginable. 

I didn't meet Whitney until Morgan and I started dating, but I knew right away that we would hit it off. Morgan and I were out riding 4-wheelers one afternoon and we met up with her and her husband. Morgan had known her for years (they are our neighbors), but I had no clue who she was. As a matter of fact, I wasn't sure we would mesh too well. She was out in the middle of the woods with all her make-up on, bright red fingernails, a big ole ring, and her hair done up. I thought for sure this chick was HIGH MAINTENANCE!! I couldn't have been more wrong. She was just a hairdresser (talk about the pot calling the kettle black!). Turns out, she thought the same thing about me.......mind you, I didn't have the nails and jewelry going on quite as much as she did! Anyway, we have become the best of friends over the past 6 years. Her husband and Morgan are close also. We get together at least 3 times a week for supper. She jokes to everyone that I am their "other wife". haha. I'm a little more domesticated than she is to say the least! 

Don't get me wrong, these are just two of my great friends. All of my girlfriends are very important to me and I know I could count on them for anything. It is so important to surround yourself with women who understand you and support you in everything you do. There are so many times I meet girls who say they "don't like" other girls. Well, that just isn't the case here. I LOVE my friends, and they mean so much to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment