Our conversation at supper tonight over Easy Mac (so healthy, right?). My sweet boy talking about all his "best friends"...... love this boy!
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Our new logo is finished! I'm so excited about the way it turned out. Ariel at www.velocityvectors.etsy.com did an AWESOME job and was so easy to work with. I'm so excited to use this on all of our "farm" related stuff! I'm planning on getting Morgan a farm sign made with this logo for Christmas.....shhh!! Don't tell :)
Sunday, September 25, 2011
1. Yesterday, September 24, Morgan and I celebrated our 6th anniversary! Some days it's hard to believe we've been married that long and others it feels much longer. It has been an amazing ride and I'm so glad that God put him on this earth just for me! He's the best husband and father a girl could ever ask for!
2. Our anniversary gifts to each other: Me to Morgan- a custom farm logo for our new place! Morgan to Me- house plans! We had said we weren't getting each other anything, but our house plans came in last week and Morgan had to write a check for those so he told me that was my gift....hehe. Granted it was for both of us, but since he's letting me pick out everything it really was such a gift to me. I'm so thankful they are finally here and in my hands! It makes it feel so real. I'm so excited to start picking out things. I know the building process will be here before we know it. About my gift to him. He didn't ask for it, but I was browsing Etsy (which always gives me ideas) and I came across a designer that would customize logos for you. She had done a farm logo and I absolutely LOVED it! I contacted her and we are working together to make one for us. She's been great! I'll post a picture when it's finalized. So far, I love what she's come up with. I plan on getting shirts, signs, etc made with our logo.
3. Wyatt is doing much better at school! I'm so thankful that he isn't crying anymore. Last week, he missed Tuesday due to the crud that's going around. When he went back Thursday, it was picture day. That was a little ordeal. He said that I was the only one that took his pictures. I explained that the photographer would be very nice and that he needed to smile like a big boy so I would always have sweet school pictures of him. From what I hear, he did great! I guess we will see when the proofs come back....lol!
4. My bestie, Christy, finds out if she's having a boy baby or girl baby tomorrow!!! I'm so excited. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight! I think I'm more excited than she is. Her son is Wyatt's best buddy and I can't wait for her to have another sweet baby for us to love on!
5. The dirt work for the chicken houses is moving right along. Our dirt man says we should be completely done in 8 days, weather permitting! One step closer to start chicken house construction. It seems like it is flying by! I get so excited to ride out there everyday and take pictures of all the progress they've made. My iPhone is FULL of pictures of dirt (so exciting, right?!?)! I hope to upload them here soon.
6. The water department finally put in our meters this past week. This has been such a headache! I thought Morgan was going to cry when he saw them in the ground! Just kidding, but it was such a burden lifted. I'm so thankful for the little things these days. My sweet hubby has worked so hard, when he's stressed it breaks my heart. I know it will all be worth it in the end.
7. I've been so busy lately with newborn sessions. I'm so thankful for that! When I first started in photography, newborn sessions stressed me out, but now I'm finding they are probably my favorite! I've had the sweetest babies recently. It's so fun to love on babies and get paid for it!
8. Christmas shopping has officially begun around here! I'm trying to spread out the gift buying so I don't have to do it all at one time. It makes it a little less stressful, that's for sure! Plus, I love to buy gifts so I feel like I can take my time and find things that my loved ones will really love. I'm having so much fun finding things for Wyatt too! I was really worried about what to get him this year, but I think he'll be happy with what "Santa" has in mind this year.
9. Why am I just now finding out about Scentsy products?!?!? Oh my heavens, I'm obsessed! A friend from HS was having a party so I ordered a few things. I swear, they burn all day long at my house and make it feel so cozy! I may never buy a real candle again! Oh yeah, they are totally on my list for the ladies in my life this year. I think all girls need one!!
10. Another obsession, PINTEREST!! I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on the blog before, but I have a serious problem with this website. I could spend hours upon hours on it! I find the greatest ideas for home, recipes, clothing, kids and anything else I can think of! I've even gotten my mom hooked. It's pure awesomeness and I'm amazed at the creativity and talent of some people!! Sometimes it makes me feel like I don't have a crafty bone in my body, though!
Well, that's about as random as it gets I guess! Hopefully I can do a picture dump soon. I've GOT to clear some room off of my phone for more pictures of dirt!!! lol!!
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
The day is FINALLY here and we are now the owner's of a new farm!!! It's bittersweet that we will be moving from the place that we became a family, but it is so exciting to start this new adventure in our life. This has been a long time coming. We first started searching for land last November and we found this place in March. Here we are 6 months later and it's finally ours!
The new farm is a lot more land and definitely a lot more work, but we are up for the challenge. I know if anyone can handle it, it would be Morgan Ellis. I'm so thankful for such a hard-working husband. He's the best!!! Never in my life did I imagine this would be my life, but the Lord has blessed us beyond anything we deserve.
We closed the deal on our farm as well this farm today so it is all a done deal. We were extremely nervous going into the attorney's office today, but it all went off without a hitch! The previous landowners had been quite difficult to deal with throughout the entire process so I figured we would have some issues today, but everything went better than we could've ever imagined. It still seems surreal, but I know it will begin to sink in when we can actually step on "our" farm tomorrow!!! The dirt guys will be there first thing in the morning to start on our dirt work for the new chicken houses. I have a feeling everything is going to start to move fast from here on out!! We will continue to live in the house we are in now until our chicken houses are built and then we will move into the old farmhouse for a while. She's not very practical and definitely needs some cosmetic work, but I do love her old house bones! We won't be doing much to the house since we don't plan on being there long, but new carpet and a little paint is a must before we move in!
Across the road from the house is 2 barns and a silo. These will stay, but Morgan will also be building a new shop and our chicken houses will be just south of these buildings. Our land is on both sides of the road, so the majority of the "farm" will be on the east side. Our house and the hills/hunting land will be west side of the road. I hope to take a wide-angle lens to the top of the hill and get a better picture of the place. It is kind of hard to explain in these pictures.
This is part of our bean crop this year and the location of the chicken houses.
I found these 2 cows wondering the property yesterday! I have no idea who they belong to, but they had ear tags so I'm assuming they were from a nearby farm. Morgan ran them down the road to a pasture north of us. We think they belong there, but who knows?!?! haha.
This is further down the road looking at more of our bean crop. I'm so proud of Morgan. I think it's going to be a great crop this year if we can keep the wild boar and deer out of them! They think we planted them for them obviously. They've had a few meals out there, we've noticed :)