Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Prayers

I'm going to need lots the next few weeks.

I went to the doctor today to have my thyroid checked (routine, family history thing) and the doc
is a little concerned because my blood pressure was pretty high. I believe it was 150/90.
He says for a person my age that is pretty concerning. Even when pregnant with Wyatt, I had perfect BP. So, he's ordered a couple of blood tests to figure out the problem.

His main concern is that I could be diabetic. This scares the mess out of me. I also have a history of that in my family, but no one as young as myself.

Please keep me in your prayers. I've never had any health issues, so this has really gotten in my head. I can't imagine not being healthy and able to be the wife and mother I need to be.

I know that there is no reason why I am any better than anyone else that goes through these problems. I am so blessed to have been given all that I have already. It makes me feel a little selfish to even be asking for prayers, but I know that they work. I know God didn't give us a spirit of worry, but of peace love and a sound mind. That is what I'm praying for.

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you girl!! Hopefully everything will turn out fine! Maybe it is nothing and you were just having a stressful day or something???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you on birth control? Sometimes the extra estrogen makes your blood pressure go up. That was what was happening to me! Buy a BP monitor and monitor it at home a couple of times a day. Try not to worry, if you have to take medicine it is a easy fix. I had to take it even during pregnancy. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you girl. Remember that God is in control! Also- is there a chance you have hyperthyroid? My SIL has it. She just found out. Her blood pressure was super high. Google it and check your symptoms. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely sending prayers your way... health issues are always scary and even more so when you have little ones in your life to worry about too! i hope everything turns out OK. keep us posted! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about you! The blog community is great about lifting up prayers for our blog friends. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete