Monday, November 23, 2009

The Blind Side

If you haven't seen this movie, go now! Seriously, drop whatever you're doing and go. Don't worry if you don't have someone to go with, go by yourself. I mean it, you need to go!

Tonight we went with Morgan's brother, Drew, and sis-in-law, Elizabeth, to see The Blind Side. I was really just looking forward to having a night out with adults. My sweet mother-in-law was home with all 4 kids! Seriously, she's a saint! Anyway, we headed out to the 7 o'clock show. Who would've thought, 7 pm, Monday night, crowd? Nah. Well, yeah!! Between this movie, and New Moon (which can't possibly hold a candle to this), that place was PACKED! We had to sit on the 3rd row back, heads tilted straight back and watch the movie. I'll admit, I was a little ticked about a seat situation, until the movie started. I was hooked, and I could've cared less. It was such a great story. It really made me feel so selfish. I live in a warm house, have more clothes than any one person needs, never worry where my next meal is coming from, and more than that.......I have a family who loves me unconditionally. I won't give away all the story, but it will definitely make you re-examine your life. I am so blessed in many ways, and it has truly softened my heart. I hope that this movie will encourage us all to do for others more. I wish I could buy everyone a ticket. It really gives meaning to true love and unselfishness.

*BTW, Sandra Bullock rocked it out in this! I've always loved her, but this is by far her best work yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment