Monday, January 26, 2009

Nashville Night

I have been trying on and off all day to load the pictures of our weekend trip to Nashville, and for some reason, my computer has other ideas! I cannot get them up for love nor money, so I guess I'll just have to tell you all about it :) Maybe pictures will follow later if I can figure it out!

Saturday, after dropping Wyatt of for an overnight stay with Nonni and Poppa (my mom and step-dad), Morgan and I headed north with some of our dearest friends (Whitney and Jeff). Nashville is only about 1 1/2 hours away, and it is one of my FAVORITE places ever. Wyatt's helmet doc is there, so we make very regular trips.

Anyway, one of my favorite restaurants there is the Melting Pot. We all got gussied up and headed out for a night on the town (Well, as gussied up as a chicken farmer's wife can get!) It was wonderful! The chocolate fondue is heavenly. I think I could eat the entire dessert by myself. Jeff wasn't particularly crazy about it, but he went along with it since it was MY birthday dinner and all! (Technically my birthday isn't until the 29th, but we celebrated early :)
We had the works.....spinach artichoke cheese dip, salads, salmon, chicken, sesame steak, duck, etc. And of course, CHOCOLATE!!! Simply divine :)

After our nice meal, we decided to walk around town and listen to some of the bands. This is what I LOVE about Nashville. It has all the "big city" feel without the "big city feel".....ya know what I mean?! I never feel uncomfortable or unsafe there. The people are so friendly, and living as close as we do, we seem to always run into people we know. It is great. If I ever had to leave my "simple little life", I would definately go to Nashville. One of the stops we made on Broadway was the Second Fiddle. For those of you familiar with the area, it is right next door to Tootsies (you might as well forget going there on Saturday night, you usually can't get in the door). The band playing there was great. I have no idea what they called themselves, but the music was wonderful, and they were all so talented. I have a deep love for country music, and they made me proud! haha. They mixed the old with the new perfectly. I hope we can see them again someday soon.

When we finally wrapped up the night and headed back to our hotel, we were exhausted. It was so much fun. We love traveling with Jeff and Whit. They are so easy to go places with. Before Wyatt came along, we took lots of trips together and there is never a dull moment! 

Sunday morning, we woke fairly early, and headed to Franklin to do some shopping. We stopped for a nice breakfast at the good ole Cracker Barrel. You just can't go wrong there! I don't know anyone who doesn't like that place, even though you have to wait forever for a table. 

Our first shopping stop of the morning was to the Academy store. Ok, so has anyone ever visited on of these before? I had NEVER been there, and I'm totally hooked! It was like Dick's but better. And the prices were great. I bought a new hoodie, pair of shorts, and 2 pair of workout pants! I could have stayed there forever. I am going to try to go back soon and find some new shoes. I'm desperately searching for the perfect athletic shoe.....I'm not sure if it exists! After the Academy store we headed over to Cool Springs and hit Macy's. I had a gift card, but I just didn't see anything I couldn't live without, so I STILL have that gift card! haha. Oh well, I guess I can always go back for another shopping trip!

It was such a great time. Around 2 we headed home. I was SOOO ready to see my little man. I don't think I've ever been away from him quite that long, so I missed him terribly. Although, I think it is great to have a little "adult time", it is good for everyone to get away sometimes!

So here I am, back to reality in my "simple. beautiful. life"! 

4 comments:

  1. We're about an hour & a 1/2 north of Nashville, so we're down there at least once a month. I LOVE Second Fiddle! Tootsie's used to be a fave, but it's always so crowded. Melting Pot sounds so yummy right now--I haven't been there in months (my hubby isn't a huge fan either). What a great early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sounds like such fun! i love those small "big city" places :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be looking for a little something in the mail... I made it for you a while back but it's been hard finding time getting to the post office.. sorry it will more than likely be late!
    But I WAS thinking about you and your upcoming b'day =)
    Cant wait to see you and the family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby does not really care for the Melting Pot either! He says "Fondue that"...ha!ha!

    ReplyDelete