Monday, June 6, 2011

Memorial Weekend 2011

The Sunday before Memorial Day, we loaded up the truck and headed to Minor Hill, TN for a picnic and to play in the creek. We stopped and got Christy and Mason so they could go have fun with us too! The boys were super excited...... as you can tell!
Mt. Zion is an old church in Minor Hill with a HUGE creek that runs across both roads in front of the church. It is a great place to go let the kids play and just have a relaxing day. I came across this place when one of my clients wanted Senior portraits done there. I knew that I had to take Wyatt back to play! This is right up his alley. He didn't even want to eat. He was so excited to get in the water!

That didn't stop the adults! Since I couldn't remember exactly how to get there, we were starving by the time we finally did :) I promised all involved that I would remember my directions better next time. haha!

The boys had a great time throwing rocks in the creek. There were a few close calls where I thought they were going to crack each other in the head, but no one was hurt! Boys will be boys.

We realized that everyone else in Minor Hill must've had the same idea that day. It was pretty crowded, but everyone was nice and the boys loved watching the older kids play.

I'm so thankful Wyatt is such a water bug! He would've stayed there forever if I would've let him.

We saw a lot of this while we were there! Obviously, it's a good place to ride horses too. There were lots of people crossing the creek with their horse trailers. It really is such a neat place. Morgan has agreed to let us get a horse when we move to the new farm, so hopefully we will be able to go back and ride there someday! I can't wait!

All in all, it was such a fun day. Monday we went and swam in Christy's parent's pool. It was so relaxing. I'm loving that Wyatt is so comfortable in the water this year. It's nice to just put swimmies on him and let him do his thing! I think we will be spending a lot of time in water of all kinds this summer.

1 comment: