Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Applique Take 1/Fall Decorations :)

So, as most of you know, life here on the farm is pretty busy this time of year. Crops are ready to get out, which means many evenings without the hubby. I've been wanting to take up applique for a long time, but it just hasn't worked out. Well, tonight was my chance! I had already purchased all the supplies, so I had no excuse. I watched a tutorial online (I'll try to post the site later). It seemed easy enough. Well, let me tell you, it isn't that easy! To all you ladies who sew, I give you props for sure! It was pretty darn tough. However, I didn't think I did too bad for my first time. The stitching leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm blaming that on my machine! haha.

*The bird pattern was a freebie on another blog! Isn't it super cute?!
Another thing I've tackled the past few days is our Fall Decor. I just LOVE to decorate this time of year, and I finally got my porch finished. I was pretty pleased with the results!


I found this Give Thanks sign at an antique store for $7, it's not really old but I love it anyway!

I think the mums this year are some of the prettiest I've ever seen. We have a local roadside stand here that has the best flowers and produce ever!
These cornstalks on the posts are courtesy of Ellis Farms! I talked the hubby into cutting them down for me yesterday. He wasn't sure about the idea, but I like it.
My sweet tricycle planter, I just love it!

Ready for the trick or treaters (although I shouldn't have bought my candy so early, I've already been into it.....ugh!)
One of my favorite touches, a fall wreath from Big Lots!! Love cheap finds!

5 comments:

  1. You did a great job on your first try! I'm very impressed with any lady that sews, I wish that I could do the same! I love your fall decor. Fall is such a beutiful time of the year! That wreath is to die for, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, that shirt is so cute!

    And, I noticed your little "Give Thanks" sign the other day (never would have thought it was only 7 DOLLARS!) when I was on my way home from Publix... super cute! Your porch looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great!! you are just so creative... jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it turned out really good!!!!!!!!

    I love all of your fall decor, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decor is awesome! Looks so good! I am inpsired now!

    ReplyDelete