Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tractor in the Field....

not an uncommon site around here, but definitely one we wish we hadn't seen last week. See, my husband planted this field of corn weeks ago. However, due to the enormous amount of rain we have had lately, a few acres were completely flushed and had to be re-planted. Thank goodness the seed was covered by the company, so we didn't have to spend extra money on the crop. I know it was still frustrating for Morgan. He is such a typical farmer, he worries day and night about everything. I hope for his sake we can see a little sunshine!



One thing that has benefited from all this rain is our bermuda hay crop. It looks like we are going to have a wonderful hay season this year. This will be where we spend a lot of our days for the next few months!


I had to get a couple of pics with Wyatt out in the baby corn! He didn't really like me putting him down in it, but I just wanted to see how much it grows. I hope to post pics in a few months and it will be taller than me! Amazing how quickly that stuff grows.


Here's my sweet boy doing what he LOVES! Riding the 4-wheeler with our neighbor, Jeff. They did this all evening the other day while Morgan was re-planting. I'm so blessed to have such great friends who love my little man!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your camera advice. You confirmed all the positive reviews I had read on different websites about the Rebel XSi. I ended up getting it a week ago today and I LOVE it! I am still playing with it and learning the different features.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fresh corn! If we lived close I would come eat some with ya'll! While we where there you could take pics of Ava! ;-)
    Have a great week!

    Praying for a good crop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Your so sweet. I wish you did live closer! I would LOVE to meet little Ava in person! However, you wouldn't want to eat our corn. It isn't sweet. They process this kind for grain (horse, cattle feed, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of Wyatt in the corn... he is getting so big! I can't believe it. Tell Morgan I say hello. Hope to see y'all sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete