Monday, July 25, 2011

Wyatt's First Horse Show

A few weekends ago, we went to New Hope for Wyatt's first horse show. We had a ton of fun, but it was soooooo HOT that day! I don't think I've ever been so miserable and excited at the same time. My daddy has been showing horses forever, so it was only fitting that he would want to get Wyatt on a horse ASAP! He's ridden a little before this show, but this was his first time to actually ride in the show. He talked about it for weeks before the show and he's talked about it every day since the show!!

My Granny, Aunt Rhonda and Uncle Mike all came out to watch! Of course, they left right after his class because it was just too hot. I didn't blame them a bit!


Wyatt showed Costume Leadline with Boo (Harriet). I thought he looked so cute in his little Wranglers, buckle and cowboy hat! I took a million pictures!!



He thought he looked pretty good too!


Boo helping him make sure his bandana was straight.


High in the saddle and ready to ride! The pony he rode was Diamond. She is so sweet and gentle. If we could find one just like her, I'm afraid she would have to come home with us! Unfortunately, she isn't for sale, but Wyatt can ride her anytime he wants.


Entering the arena. There were 2 ladies judging the show and he wouldn't talk to either of them! haha. He's so shy around people he doesn't know. Thank goodness he's so stinkin' cute, I think they both took a liking to him!


Out of 4 ponies and kids, Wyatt got a 1st and 2nd place! We were so excited. He did so good. He didn't understand what happened until PawPaw brought him his ribbons!



Mama and Daddy with our little cowboy :)


Loving on Diamond after her good show!


Top priority after the show, getting out of those hot clothes! He wouldn't take off the jeans, buckle and hat though :)


Wyatt's ribbons! He was so excited about them. We brought them home and hung them in his room. He makes sure to show everyone who comes over his prizes!


I don't think that showing horses will be something we do every weekend, but he sure had fun and we are planning on looking for a pony and some horses when we move. I want to make sure that he is comfortable around horses and I'm sure he will grow up to love them as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. How cute!!!!! What an adorable little cowboy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! He is so seriously adorable!!! He could win a contest for cuteness!!

    ReplyDelete